We are delighted to announce our Scholarship Program!
Sponsored by Margie Jordan, Jennifer Jenkins, Tahsha Wilson, and Jo Schaffer
The goal of this scholarship program is to provide a way for youth who may not have the resources to attend Teen Author Boot Camp the opportunity to do so. Writers Cubed plans to sponsor TEN teens for the 2018 TABC! All scholarships pay in full the registration fee to TABC (value $99). Applications must be accompanied by a teacher’s letter of recommendation (or non-family adult, if home schooled) and a 250-word essay written by the applicant about his/her goals for the future and how being a better writer will help him/her achieve those goals. Please keep in mind that this is a NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP, reserved only for teens with a financial need.
Teen candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Is between the age of 13 and 19
- Has a strong interest in writing
- Has a financial need
- Submit a complete Scholarship Application Form (below) no later than February 1, 2018.
Scholarship Rules: (PLEASE READ!)
Essays must be no more than 250 words
Entries must be in English.
Changes can’t be made to the application after you have submitted it.
Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Family of any member of conference board member is ineligible.
1. Read the Scholarship Rules listed above.
2. Obtain a letter of recommendation from your teacher stating why they believe you’re deserving of a Teen Author Boot Camp scholarship. (If home schooled, a non-family adult qualifies). Letter MUST include teacher contact information, including email address and phone number. You will submit the letter of recommendation through our online form below, so the letter needs to be in any of the following formats: .docx .doc .pdf
3. Fill out the Scholarship Application Form below.
The deadline for the scholarship application form is February 1, 2018. Scholarships will be awarded no later than February 10, 2018 to provide time for all who don’t received one of our 10 available scholarships to register at Early-Bird pricing which ends on February 15, 2018.
If you have questions regarding our need-based scholarship, please email us at email@example.com.